Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Customer Care Representative
Part time, Permanent 22.5 hours per week. Must include hours on Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Do you want to use your skills to help care for animals in need?
Have you always wanted to work for SPCA Auckland?
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the whole Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
SPCA Auckland is seeking an experienced Customer Care Representative to work in our busy front of house, retail and adoption reception.
Our Customer Care Representatives are the first point of contact with our customers, and it critical that we offer a professional, positive and committed service and that SPCA Auckland values are positively reflected at all times.
• Exceptional Customer Service skills
• Retail experience preferred
• Ability and reliability to handle money, financial transactions and banking
• Accurate and effective data entry and stock control
• Ability to problem solve and work as a proactive team member
• Professionalism when responding and dealing with customer queries, face to face and over the phone
• Minimal animal handling skills required
You will be required to work one weekend shift per week and some public holidays as required.
Applications close Friday 18th April 2014
Canine Attendant Position
32 hours per week
Do you have excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare? Then we may have the job for you. SPCA Auckland has a new part time position available as a team member of our very busy Canine team.
The position is 32 hours a week and the hours are 7.30am – 4.30pm including weekends and public holidays and flexibility in regard to days of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with incoming dogs & general caring for dogs in the village
- Dealing with enquiries regarding adoption of dogs in person, via phone or website
- Co coordinating volunteers working in the Canine areas
- Monitoring animal health, behaviour, training and administering medication
- Working with other departments to ensure the canine area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
To be successful in your application you need to have the following values and skills:
• Strong experience in working with or handling dogs
• Excellent customer service and people skills
• A sense of humour
• Integrity (honesty, responsibility, trust and professionalism)
• Commitment and passion
• The ability to work under pressure
• A realistic approach
• Be a team player with initiative
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Good computer skills
If you are the person we are looking for please forward your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
or post to:
Canine Team Leader
P O Box 43 221
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 27th April 2014.
Full time, Permanent
Based at Mangere, Auckland
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. From Port Waikato to Wellsford, 15,000 animals from the greater Auckland region come into our hospital each year.
We seek a senior vet nurse to join us and lead our team of 10 vet nurses. With a high level of professionalism and technical skills, you will be enthusiastic to pass on your knowledge to develop your team’s skill-set, while also broadening your own. The work is varied and you and your team play a key role in ensuring that animals receive a high standard of care.
Along with 5 years' experience as a vet nurse, leadership experience is needed. Of greatest importance will be your passion and courage to step up and take responsibility for the development and performance of your team. The key to your success will be your ability to influence and engage with people, create and manage training programmes for your nurses, set clear expectations and provide feedback, and build strong, collaborative relationships. You will be a role model in best-practice vet nursing, along with the values of the SPCA, to your team.
In return, we will offer you the opportunity and support to further develop and strengthen your nursing and leadership skills, along with ample annual leave and continuing education opportunities.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you!
A copy of the job description will be forwarded on request.
Applications close on Friday 16th May 2014.