Are you passionate about animals and are you looking for a job where you can make a significant difference to their welfare? Check out our vacancies here for opportunities to join one of New Zealand’s most respected charities.
Canine Team Leader
Full time, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883. We service the Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
About the role:
• Providing strong and consistent leadership to a positive, well-functioning team
• Completion of 3 monthly rotating rosters
• Supervising staff and volunteer training
• Overall responsibility for ensuring the welfare needs of animals are met in accordance with SPCA policies and in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 1999
• Working closely with our Hospital and Inspectorate teams to ensure the best outcomes for canines at the villgae
• Providing canine care information to our customers and adoptees
• Managing all aspects of Health and Safety within the team and working environment
• Overseeing canine temperament assessments and providing ongoing development in this area
• Supervising daily care and welfare of animals seized under the Animal Welfare Act
• Working closely with external agencies including other SPCA shelters, Animal Control or other community based agencies
• Working with team members to achieve positive and successful canine outcomes and adoptions
The ideal qualifications for this role are:
• Strong customer service skills
• A good level of computer / data entry competency
• Strong leadership, motivational and supervisory skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A strong knowledge of canine behaviour, canine handling and training skills
• Be a team player
• Strong organisational and time management skills
Are you committed to the values of SPCA Auckland? Would you like to make a difference? Then apply today! Please complete the following:
Please send your complete application to Tracy Dunn, Animal Services Manager at email@example.com
. A copy of the position description can be found here
Applications close Friday 3 October 2014.
Experienced Vet Nurse
Full time, Fixed Term 7 months during our busy summer months
Small animal vet nurse
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the whole Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
Our dedicated team of Vet Nurses provide professional support to our hospital vets to achieve the best outcome for animals. The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment.
We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
You will be required to work some weekends and public holidays on a roster basis.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you. Please complete the following:
Please send your complete application to Laura van der Kley, Head Nurse at: firstname.lastname@example.org
. A copy of the position description will be forwarded on request.
SPCA Auckland Inspectorate Coordinator
Full time, permanent role
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
Servicing those regions by attending to animal cruelty complaints, advocating for animal justice and helping those animals in need, are our heroes, our group of SPCA Auckland Animal Welfare Inspectors.
We are seeking a confident and exceptional person who can help our busy inspectorate team by managing the effective coordination of all animal welfare complaints and support the effective operation of our busy response teams . You will draw on your previous coordination experience to implement logistical and operational support for our Inspectorate team, including the development of best practice policies, procedures and training.
This is what we are looking for:
Knowledge and Experience
- • Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations, warranted as an Inspector or tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- • Knowledge and understanding of compliance activities within an operational environment.
- • Management and leadership experience, especially call centre complaint and incident response operations
- • Experience in the review and development of systems, processes and databases to support operational activity
Skills & Abilities
- • Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – statistics and data analysis, report writing, systems
- • Excellent inter-personal skills - ability to build rapport with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- • Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage team development
If this is the role for you and you're committed to the values of SPCA Auckland, apply today!
Please send your complete application to Amy Ewles, Executive Assistant at
. A copy of the position description is available on request.
Applications close Friday 17 October 2014.